I will add here the answers to questions that I’ve been asked.
Q: What add-ons are you using?
A: Here are the add-ons which I use in raids:
- Azurah (moves UI elements such as the synergy button)
- Champion Point Respec (saves CPs presets to change them fast)
- Combat Metrics (analyzes your uptimes)
- DarkUI (aesthetic)
- Hodor Reflexes (shares ultimate and dps with your group)
- Improved Death Recap (helps you understand better what killed you)
- Inventory Grid View + Inventory Insight (gear management)
- Kyoma’s Repair n’ Recharge (does it even in fight)
- Light Attack Helper (counts your LA used per second)
- LuiExtended – Combat info (potion tracker) + Units Frames (attribute bars and group frame)
- Olorime (tracks the cooldown of the set if you are using it)
- Raid Notifier
- RaidBuffs (tracks debuffs such as minor vulnerability, crusher, weakening, power of the light, etc)
- RipFilter (tracks noobs dying)
- S’rendarr (tracks AoE and buffs such as blockade of storm, blood altar, etc)
- Warhorn Tracker (tracks the warhorn buff even if you didn’t receive it)
- WTBconduits (tracks your tanks’ synergy -conduits, orbs, harvest, etc) cooldowns aswell as Alkosh and indicates when they need a synergy)
- In addition, I also use:
– Asylum Sanctorium Status Pannel & Asylum Tracker in AS
– Halls of Fabrication Status Pannel in HoF
– Overload Timer and Untaunted (as RaidBuffs does not track minor vulnerability on the mini bosses) in CR
Q: Why don’t you use the ritual mundus with full magicka recovery glyphs and or clockwork citrus filet, instead of the atronach with spell damage glyphs and blue food?
A: The ritual mundus does provide for a bit of more healing done, but is, in general not needed. On the other hand, the use of blue food and spell damage glyphs also boosts your off-dps which is more important in the current state of the game.
Q: Why tristats glyphs over max magicka glyphs and more attribute points in health?
A: While this would give you the same amount of health and magicka, it would make you lose some precious stamina. Stamina on a healer is especially important : not only blocking/not blocking can be the difference between life and death, but you cannot afford to stay stunned because you don’t have stamina to break free, for example.
Q: Healing Springs or Illustrious Healing?
A: Healing Springs provides for a huge boost to your sustain, as it can recover up to ~900 magicka per cast. However, I’ve been testing out Illustrious Healing lately, and its longer duration enables you to buff a bit more your group. As it is really a big change for your sustain, I would advise to use it only with an Asylum Restoration Staff (to enjoy the 30% cost reduction on cast), and only once you’re comfortable enough with the trial you are about to do. If you are not able to give enough support to your group – in particular, orbs or shards – because you can’t sustain, there is no point in using Illustrious Healing, even if you saw a healer from a good group using them.