Introduction Have you ever wondered how to track your buffs&debuffs efficiently in ESO? The addon Srendarr is one of the most popular ways to do so and is clean and simple. However, it can be a bit tricky to set up properly, especially for the […]
Introduction Welcome to my necromancer PvE healing guide :)! I will present here the skills and gear I would use in general for healing PvE content such as trials or 4-man dungeons and arenas. Some sections are kept short intentionally as my templar healing guide […]
In the Wrathstone patch, bow/bow stamina dds proved to be better than magicka dds in Asylum Sanctorium. As we were pushing for a score in this trial, I modified my build to fit into this meta. In this note, I detail the build I am using, and explain a little bit the gameplay.
Attributes, consommables and Mundus
Our goal this patch is to burn Olms fast enough so that Felms does not enrage and can be completely ignored. Because of this, I have a lower health pool than usual. Therefore, I use 32 points in health and 32 points in magicka.
For food, I use clockwork citrus filet. My magicka recovery pool is around 2k without having a potion active. Keep in mind that I am playing Breton: if you are playing another race, I recommend going with a higher recovery pool. I use tri-stats potions in this fight as it helps both my magicka and stamina sustain: both are equally important.
The biggest change I made to my build is regarding the Mundus stone. Indeed, I am using the Serpent Mundus to boost my stamina recovery. The strength of bow/bow builds this patch comes from the Shadow Silk synergy. Therefore, I want to be able to spam that skill as much as possible, and need a consequent stamina recovery pool. Using the Serpent Mundus along with the clockwork food gave me the best stats overall.
Here is the gear I am using with this setup:
- On jewels and body pieces: Infallible Aether, that I keep up on the main boss and on the spheres closer to me.
- On body pieces and on weapons: Torug’s pact. Because of the stam meta, we need a support to wear Morag Tong. We chose to have the main tank run Morag Tong, and so I needed to wear Torug’s.
- As a monster set: Symphony of Blades. This set is great to help with the group’s sustain, and there really isn’t a good alternative.
I am running 6 lights and 1 heavy, all divines (except for one piece that I was too lazy to re-craft). Running 5/1/1 would probably be better but again, too lazy to re-craft. On the big body pieces, I am running tri-stat enchants.
For the weapons, I ran double infused, with a weakening enchantment on my restoration staff and a crusher enchantment on my lightning staff. I chose to run crusher on my back bar as it is the bar on which I spend most of my time. As I am the only one running Torug’s, it is important to keep an uptime as high as possible on this debuff.
On my jewels, I ran two swift traits and one arcane. I found that because I was using more spiders and less orbs, I had to spend less time as close as possible to the group, so two swift jewels were enough. I chose to run one stamina and two magicka recovery enchantments.
The skills I use are the same as in my Front Kiter guide, the only exception being elemental drain that I replaced with Shadow Silk. Indeed, as we run only stamina dds, elemental drain is not needed.
These CPs are the same as in my other guide.
Green tree :
Shadow Ward 40
Red tree :
Iron Clad 72
Blue tree :
Staff expert 14
Compared to before, we want to use the spider skill as much as possible when the boss is vulnerable. Basically, this means that we have to pay attention and know when there is a protector up, as using spiders at this time is wasting our stamina.
When the boss is not protected, we want to use spiders every other skills to leave some time for the ability to be activated. In particular, before the 90% jumps, that is what we want to do. At the same time, all the usual buff, debuffs and synergies should be kept up, with the addition of crusher.
On the other hand, when the boss is invulnerable or when we are out of stamina, we go back to orb spamming to help the sustain of the group.
I hope it helped and feel free to ask questions!
In this post, we discuss the racial changes that happened in Wrathstone, and how it impacted our racial choice for PvE healing. For this, we consider the case of templar, warden and sorcerer healers, are those are the most relevant choices in the current meta.:) […]
Introduction Welcome to my warden PvE healing guide 🙂 ! This guide is meant to be a complement to my vCR kiting guide and I will present here the skills and gear I would use in general for a classic “trial” (that is, not CR […]
Welcome to my warden healing guide for Cloudrest. This guide is similar to my AS front kiting guide, as it focuses on one role : shard picker and kiter in CR. The build as pretty much entirely been designed by the amazing @Nick5262 <3, and is Gryphon Heart approved :D.
This guide will be organized as follows :
Make sure to hover your mouse pointer over the underlined sets and skills to see the tooltips :)!
As a kiter in vCR, you have several missions
- Pick up shards for the shadow real mechanics. It’s really important you get them asap as your teammates can’t complete the mechanics without them.
- Kiting the crushing darkness outside of the group. For that, you need to be the player the furthest away from Z’maja. Note that even with that, it doesn’t always target you :).
- Kiting the jumps from the different mini bosses.
Gear, attributes and consumables
Here is the setup I use for kiting. The other healer should use Olorime and drain as we are running double resto staff.
|Necklace||Infallible Aether||Arcane||Spell damage|
|Ring 1||Infallible Aether||Swift||Magicka Recovery|
|Ring 2||Infallible Aether||Swift||Magicka Recovery|
|Main bar weapon||Infallible Aether Restoration Staff||Powered||Weapon Damage enchant|
|Off bar weapon||Infallible Aether Restoration Staff||Infused||Crusher|
I use Infallible Mage (or Infallible Aether) set on jewels and weapons : it is really helpful for the group as it gives high minor vulnerability uptimes. Try to keep it up on Z’maja and on the different mini bosses. I am using it on both bars as I am not using combat prayer, so asylum staff is not an option. In addition, I use Worm’s raiment since every dd in this trial should be magicka. It is a great supportive set for the group. As a monster set, I run Bogdan which is a great additional healing for you and your group, as every dds should be more or less always stacked.
I am running 6 pieces of Light armor, and using Max Magicka, Max Health food (such as the Solitude Salmon-Millet soup).
For attributes, I put 64 points in Magicka, as blue food gives us enough hp, and run the Atronach mundus for regen. I prefer this to gold food + ritual, because the increased max magicka pool is really comfortable. We will use tristats potions because we need that extra stamina back to sprint around the map, and warden has access to major sorcery and prophecy.
Here is a superstar screenshot of the build if you want to compare stats and gear.
- Inner light gives a bit of extra max magicka, and major prophecy on front bar, which we don’t get otherwise because we are using tristats potions.
- Enchanted growth, Illustrious Healing and Rapid regen are here to heal ourself and our group. Enchanted growth is our panic heal, beware that it needs to be targeted properly. We don’t spam rapid regen too much, just use it for ourselves when we’re out of the group, and when the group is moving. I prefer illustrious healing to healing springs in CR as it gives me more time to use other skills, such as orbs.
- Energy orbs are to be used on our main tank and our dds for resources, they also do a ton of healing so spam them as much as possible.
- Blue betty is here for our own sustain, as it gives us around 300 effect regen. We also use it for major sorcery, that we don’t get otherwise, and because it gives you 12% additional regen on our front bar for having it slotted.
- ULTIMATE : We use Northern storm on our front bar to get an additional 8% max magicka. If your group is progressing, healing thicket is a great panic ult.
- Overflowing altar is an amazing skill in cloudrest, because the healing is does is incredibly useful when people get the healing debuff. Try to have it up as much as possible, in particular, we want no down time in execute.
- Bone surge is a really useful skill in cloudrest, I use it almost only in execute. It helps our dds, and we can also help our tanks with it.
- We use deceptive predator for the major expedition buff. It’s really helpful to pick up shards quickly, this way we can come back easily to heal our group. It also gives us 12% regen on our back bar.
- Finally, we use Budding seeds pretty much only for the synergy. We want to center it on our main tank because the synergy goes to the three people closest to the center of the aoe.
- ULTIMATE : Aggressive horn is our main ulti.
About traits and enchants
- For body pieces, I use full divines with two tristats enchants. Infused on big pieces is also a strong choice.
- For jewels, I run two swift, increasing my movement speed by 12%. I have been experimenting with it a bit, and found that using two swift jewels was really comfortable without being a huge sacrifice of resources, so I’d recommend to try out and see if you enjoy it !:)
- For weapons, I like powered front bar to boost a bit my healing, cause I feel like it’s needed in the most intense phases of the fight. The weapon damage enchant helps to push that even more. On back bar, I run infused crusher to be able to debuff orbs and creepers. Be careful, if your tanks are using Torug’s, not to proc the enchant on minis or main boss.
While my blue CPs are the same as in my “standard” healing setup, I change my green and red CPs when I’m going in CR.
Green tree :
Shadow Ward 20
In CR, I almost never block, which is why I use so little points in Shadow Ward. I put some of those in Sprinter as it helps a lot with mobility.
Red tree :
Iron Clad 72
Spell Shield 57
Thick Skinned 66
Elemental Defender 64
Quick Recovery 11
Almost all your incoming damage is magical (except for the damage from the little adds coming out of the portal).
Blue tree :
Spell erosion 24
Elemental expert 32
Staff expert 9
Our role in there is pretty straightforwards : try to always be the furthest away from Z’maja, and pick up shards whenever your teammates are in the shadow world ! Here are some tips.
Malevolent Sphere dot
It can be hard at first to deal with the dot from the orbs, so make sure to have rapid regen on you, and put one or two springs on which to kite if you feel like you’re taking a lot of damage. Something to know is that the dot is applied by a projectile shot by the orbs when they are killed, that you can dodge or block : if you do, you won’t get afflicted by the dot.
Gryphon mechanics in +X
- I would strongly advice not to take on the ice aoe. First of all, as we are supposed to kite away from the group, we will most likely drop it away too, and our teammates will have to spread to get it. Then, the snare is really annoying for us to pick up shards and react. Lastly, as we are away from the group, we don’t have nearly as much HoTs on us than the dds or the other healer, so the ice dot can kill us really easily.
- If you get the fire bomb on you, you should obviously go in the group to avoid dying. The biggest danger is that it overlaps with the crushing darkness mechanics. In that case, try to wait as much as possible, buff yourself with major expedition, and then rush in the group. Make sure to announce this so your dds can prepare and stay stacked, making it easier for you. I try to always pop one bone shield when I get the fire bomb, so it protects people around even if they don’t use a shield themselves.
- Make sure to avoid having the overload mechanics on your front bar. This is the bar on which you have all your healing power, so you should always have access to it.
- During the execute, I am actively trying to avoid the baneful mark healing debuff by staying just a few steps away from the boss. Indeed, we have only one overflowing altar in the group so it means that I don’t have access to that synergy, making it much harder to heal up after the debuff.
- Try to use bone shield as much as possible to protect your dds (without emptying your stamina pool as you want to be able to roll dodge if you’re targeted by a creeper). You should also monitor your main tank after each baneful mark. If he doesn’t get healed up fast enough, go to him to give him bone shield too : it really makes the biggest difference.
- Keep synergies up to help the dds and the tanks :)!
Finally, here is the video of our gryphon heart run, where you can see how I played there. This wasn’t the best run for me cause I played really safe when the boss was under 40% hp, but still you can get an idea of the game play.
I hope this was helpful, if you have questions make sure to let me know :)!
The Summerset update finally came ! And with it, a lot of exciting changes for us healers. While I will update my healer guide soon (after some testings), I wanted to write this small post to discuss the main changes that are relevant to us […]
With the Summerset update, we have new jewelry traits appearing. In particular, in this post, I will talk about Infused and how it compared to Arcane (respectively Robust) using a spell (respectively weapon) damage enchantment. I consider each dd class, magicka and stamina, as well […]
In this post, I will discuss the concussed status effect, its importance for your group and how, as a healer, you should modify your gameplay to keep it up as much as possible. 🙂
Concussed ? How to apply it ?
Concussed is a status effect that has a chance to proc from lightning damage. A concussed target will have some kind of sparkles around its head. It also applies the minor vulnerability debuff to the target, increasing its damage taken by 8%! Finally, it lasts for 4 seconds, and can be refreshed without any cooldown.
It can proc from the following actions :
- Shock enchants 20%.
- Standard shock abilities 10%.
- Area of effect shock abilities 5%.
- Damage over time shock abilities 3%.
- Area of effect damage over time shock abilities 1%.
Note that, in particular, it cannot proc from a shock light or heavy attack. However, the splash damage of a lightning heavy attack (Tri Focus passive from your destruction skill line) can apply it.
As a healer, we have two sources of concussed: either a shock enchant, orblockade of storms. Note that blockade has a very low probability to apply the status, as you can see from the list above. If you read my healing guide, you saw that I recommend using a shock enchant back bar if you don’t need to use a weakening enchant: indeed, it will proc concussion a lot :).
As you are using your shock enchant on your back bar, you will get +100% chance of applying concussed through the Elemental Force passive. If you are using a charged lightning staff, you will get an additional +220% chance to apply any status effect. This is additive with the Elemental Force bonus, which means you get in total +320% chance: your shock enchant will have a 84% chance to proc concussed.
Note that blockade of storms sets off-balance any concussed target, so keeping concussed up will also be important for your off-balance uptime!
Elemental Blockade: why it is amazing to keep any enchantment up
Before moving on to the next section, I just want to make a side note on how elemental blockade helps keeping an enchantment up on a target. Weapon enchantments proc on light and heavy attacks done with your weapon, and also from any ability from the weapon skill line that does damage. That means that no restoration staff ability can proc an enchantment – as none of them do damage: the enchant on your restoration staff requires you to weave to be procced. Weapon skill line AoE dots – such as elemental blockade or endless hail – will be able to proc your enchantments, and will do so everytime they tick: elemental blockade will proc your enchantment every time it is available.
Since Wolfhunter, elemental blockade now always procs the enchant of the bar from which it has been casted. That means, if you are running a shock enchant back bar and swap to your front bar, elemental blockade will keep on proccing your back bar enchant.
Sources of concussion in your group
As said above, a healer can provide concussion by using a shock enchant back bar. However, you may also get concussion from other members of your group, in particular, your magicka damage dealers.
As a fire enchantment does more damage than a shock enchant (due to burning), it is very likely than none of the damage dealers will be using a shock enchant :D. However, abilities such as force pulse or liquid lightning will contribute a bit to the concussed uptime, albeit with a low-ish probability. The one thing that will make a huge difference to your group will be whether or not some people are using (Perfected) Asylum destruction staves. Indeed, these will be a huge source of concussion (and also burning and chilled), as they transform Force Pulse so that :
Every second cast of Force shock will always apply the Burning, Concussion and Chilled status effects.
However, in the current patch, most magicka damage dealers are not using the Asylum destro staff.
Maximizing your concussion uptime
Since the changes of Wolfhunter to elemental blockade, in order to have a concussion uptime as high as possible, you should use the following setup:
- On your front bar, a charged restoration staff. The enchantment here doesn’t matter and depends on the content you are doing.
- On you back bar, an infused lightning staff with a shock enchant, using elemental blockade.
An infused lightning staff provides for more concussed than a charged lightning staff as long as we are running (and keeping up) elemental blockade. Indeed, if we were to stay only on our back bar, a charged lightning staff would provide for slightly more concussed than an infused lightning staff. However, as we swap on our front bar, the infused trait of the back bar is “retained”: elemental blockade keeps on proccing our shock enchant every 2s. On the contrary, charged trait on the back bar is not retained when swapping to our front bar. Therefore, on our front bar, concussed has twice has much chance to proc with an infused staff back bar.
What about Infallible Aether ?
Finally, it seems this discussion wouldn’t be complete without a word on this set. The Infallible Mage (or Infallible Aether – IA) set provides an interesting 5-items bonus :
(…) Enemies you damage with fully-charged Heavy Attacks are afflicted with Minor Vulnerability for 10 seconds, increasing their damage taken by 8%.
As mentioned in my healing guide, minor vulnerability is actually applied by the first tick of any channeled heavy attack (restoration or lightning heavy attacks). It is worth noting that while the target gets the Minor Vulnerability debuff if you are using this set, it will not be concussed: that means that it will not be set off-balance by a lightning blockade, unless it gets concussed from something else. Using IA doesn’t exempt you from using a shock enchant :). Proccing concussed means proccing minor vulnerability, but proccing minor vulnerability doesn’t mean proccing concussed.
IA should always be used in your group, as having minor vulnerability up at all time is a huge damage buff to your group. Whether you should pair it with a maximizing-concussed setup depends on your group composition, as we shall see on the next section.
What to use and when
As I wrote in the section above, IA is a must have to have in your group to provide as much minor vulnerability as possible. When it comes to maximizing your concussion uptime, here is what I recommend:
- If your group is running stamina damage dealers, you should run the “maximizing concussed” setup (charged front bar+ infused shock back bar), as they have the exploiter passive (+10% damage on off-balanced target) unlocked. This will be the case on most bosses in Craglorn trials, as well as in Halls of Fabrication.
- Some magicka damage dealers, in particular magicka templars or sorcerers, are likely to have the exploiter passive unlocked too. In that case, you want to run the “maximizing concussed” setup as well.
- If your team is mainly composed of magicka nightblade (for example, in AS), running IA is enough as they won’t have the exploiter passive.
I hope you found it both interesting and helpful, make sure to leave a comment if you have questions !
Introduction Welcome to this new guide ! It will be a bit peculiar because it will be solely focused on how to front kite in vAS – that is, in front of Saint Olms, behind the main tank – as a templar. I will discuss […]